Tonight I’m one of three Panelists that will be answering your questions about monetizing your blog. The event is a Site Warming party being put on by Amy Lupold Bair for the new Me Time Affiliate Program.
You can learn more about the event from Amy’s blog and you can learn about the other Panelists here.
To participate you’ll need a Twitter account. You’ll want to be following me, Amy, the Me Time Affiliate Program representative and the other panelists so here are the account links
- Amy Lupold Bair
- Amy Spainhower
- Katja Presnal
- Tina Williams
I’ve been told it’s easiest to follow the conversation by using TweetChat.com. Just login with your Twitter account info. Then enter the room ‘metime’ for the room name. It will automatically show you all of the relevant tweets.
To ask any of us a question, just tweet it and add ‘#metime’ to the post and we’ll see it.
Hope to see you there!
I love reading blogs (I won’t mention that my Google Reader has 945 unread posts waiting for me at the moment! LOL). I think a lot of us do for a number of different reasons. Now it’s time to take action and give back to those bloggers we love so much.
Happy to be at Home is posing a challenge to the blogosphere. The two weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day let’s start showing some bloggy love! Happy to be at Home has provided a list of 14 things you can do, 1 for each day, to share the love.
- Comment, comment, comment! Stop by your favorite blogs and leave a comment on one or two posts.
- Subscribe. If you don’t already, subscribe via RSS, e-mail, or follow the blog on blogger.
- Social bookmarking. Choose a great post or two on your favorite blogs and bookmark them using StumbleUpon, Kirtsy, Digg, Del.icio.us, or any of the other social bookmarking sites out there.
- Tweet. If you have a Twitter account, send out a few tweets with links to your favorite bloggers.
- Click through an ad or visit a site sponsor.
- Send a thank you email. Let your favorite bloggers know just how much you appreciate the dedication and hard work they put into their blogs.
- Mark your favorite blogs as a favorite in Technorati.
- Read through the archives. Then comment on a post or two that’s new to you.
- Write a post on your blog and share links to some of your favorite bloggers.
- Visit some of the blogs in your favorite blogger’s blogroll and let them know how you found their link.
- Nominate your favorites for blog awards or a BlogHer of the Week post.
- Find some new favorites. Spend some time exploring new blogs found through memes or carnivals.
- Grab a button. If your favorite bloggers have a button for their site, grab it and put it in your sidebar.
- When or if your favorite blogger hosts a Mr. Linky, do your best to participate.
Please spread the word about this challenge. Happy to be at Home would like to reach as many people as possible with this challenge. You can read the write up on their site, grab the button and post to your own blog by visiting their site.
Mom’s Talk Network is a thriving multi-blog/podcast network, an ebook publisher, a mompreneur resource center and an affiliate program providing an income stream for hundreds of mom bloggers and website owners.
And today - Mom’s Talk Network is a proud sponsor, sending Mom Blogger Alyssa Avant to the BlissDom ‘09 Conference.
Alyssa is a busy blogger. She blogs for herself at Life from My Laptop, for her ministry at Beauty by Design Online and for others as a professional blog manager through her site, A Writer for Hire.
We are pleased to have Alyssa representing us at BlissDom. If you’re going, look for her and ask her for information on Mom’s Talk Network - she’ll have a freebie to give you
Several mom bloggers are blogging and tweeting about finding a company to sponsor them for one of the big blog events for moms and women.
Blissdom is right around the corner and Blogher is coming up in summer. These events give bloggers the chance to connect with people they have met through the blogosphere. They also provide a great learning opportunity.
Attending the event can be pretty expensive. Registration, hotel, meals and travel add up quickly.
Some moms are simply looking to get these costs covered - others are looking to earn a bit above and beyond that. Have you determined what you’d like to receive and what you’d be willing to offer in return?
If you’re really determined, you’ll want to have all the information you can get your hands on. Jessica Smith has written a guide for moms who want to learn how to attract a sponsor. Since she has been successful at developing several great brand relationships, she surely knows her stuff in this area.